Antonashia is a beautiful 14-year-old girl.
This cutie loves to help in the kitchen. Jonathan loves to help his caregivers cook and prepare …
Camron and Dylan are very sweet twins who have a close bond.
Grace is a sweet, talkative, and loving child.
Shayla is a vibrant and intelligent, young lady. She is savvy, articulate and fun-loving.
Levi is an adorable boy who loves to please the adults around him, and bonds quickly to new people.
Victoria is sweet and fun to be around.
Mirayah and Adrian are two sweet kids.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the steps to adoption?
- Become licensed foster to adopt parent
- Complete the DFPS match process
- Preplacement visits
- Foster for 6 months
Why do I have to foster before I can adopt?
There is a six month waiting period to ensure a good fit for both you and the child, during this time period you are fostering to adopt.
How do I become licensed?
- Find a Child Placement agency that is a good fit for you. There are three locally.
- Pass background check
- Attend 30-40 hours of training
- Home study
Are there any services for adopted children?
Yes! Most children listed on the DFPS website qualify for adoption subsidies. There are also different post adopt services available.
How does a child qualify for a subsidy?
Each child is looked at by DFPS to determine if they qualify. Some of the qualifying factors are: being a part of a sibling group, age or ethnicity.
What are adoption subsidies?
- Healthcare coverage until the age of 18.
- Tuition waiver for state schools.
- Monthly stipend.
- Legal and court fees.
How much does it cost to adopt?
- You can expect some small expenses during the licensing process, this will differ depending upon the agency you choose.
- Court fees and legal expenses are often covered by adoption subsidies, if not one might expect between $1,500 and $2,500 depending upon the counsel chosen.