Noah is very talkative and enjoys engaging in conservation. He likes to express his point of view …
Clayton and George are close brothers who make a great team. Clayton is friendly, talkative and …
Valorie is a fun young lady. She enjoys getting her hair and nails done, hanging out with friends, …
Kaine is quite the outdoorsman and would enjoy spending the weekend fishing and camping. While …
Shyler was born with Cerebral Palsy. He is a very happy child who loves to be around other people.
Michael (MJ) is a very fun little boy who loves playing with race cars, being outside, watching …
Mariah is a very sweet young lady. She enjoys crafts, exercising, reading, coloring, and playing …
Juanita is a sweet young lady who loves to talk to adults. Juanita wants more than anything a …
They both love playing sports especially if it's softball, baseball, or soccer. But, they'll play …
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the steps to adoption?
- Become licensed foster to adopt parent
- Complete the DFPS match process
- Preplacement visits
- Foster for 6 months
Why do I have to foster before I can adopt?
There is a six month waiting period to ensure a good fit for both you and the child, during this time period you are fostering to adopt.
How do I become licensed?
- Find a Child Placement agency that is a good fit for you. There are three locally.
- Pass background check
- Attend 30-40 hours of training
- Home study
Are there any services for adopted children?
Yes! Most children listed on the DFPS website qualify for adoption subsidies. There are also different post adopt services available.
How does a child qualify for a subsidy?
Each child is looked at by DFPS to determine if they qualify. Some of the qualifying factors are: being a part of a sibling group, age or ethnicity.
What are adoption subsidies?
- Healthcare coverage until the age of 18.
- Tuition waiver for state schools.
- Monthly stipend.
- Legal and court fees.
How much does it cost to adopt?
- You can expect some small expenses during the licensing process, this will differ depending upon the agency you choose.
- Court fees and legal expenses are often covered by adoption subsidies, if not one might expect between $1,500 and $2,500 depending upon the counsel chosen.