Tuesday's Child: Tucker and Reese
Tucker is a cute child with a sweet disposition. He and his younger brother, Reese (wearing the …
Tuesday's Child: Kaine
This outdoorsman would enjoy spending the weekend fishing and camping. He loves to do anything …
Tuesday's Child: The Castillo Siblings
These sweet siblings are very close and bonded to each other. They stick together and just love …
Tuesday's Child: Devontay
Devontay is a handsome boy with an infectious smile. He enjoys spending time outside and likes to …
Tuesday's Child: Maranda
Maranda is an active young lady. She loves being outside, swimming, reading and enjoys outings to …
Tuesday's Child: Cameron
Cameron is a sweet youth who is very charming, intelligent, inquisitive, and articulate. He enjoys…
Tuesday's Child: Juanita
Juanita is a sweet young lady who loves to talk. She wants more than anything to have a family to …
Tuesday's Child: Antawaine
Antawaine is a handsome young man. He is athletic, musically talented, and intelligent.
Tuesday's Child: Shakira
Shakira is an 11 year old girl who enjoys playing outside. She would happily spend her summer days …
Tuesday's Child: Deante
Deante is quiet, young man who takes his time getting to know someone. He likes a variety of …
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the steps to adoption?
- Become licensed foster to adopt parent
- Complete the DFPS match process
- Preplacement visits
- Foster for 6 months
Why do I have to foster before I can adopt?
There is a six month waiting period to ensure a good fit for both you and the child, during this time period you are fostering to adopt.
How do I become licensed?
- Find a Child Placement agency that is a good fit for you. There are three locally.
- Pass background check
- Attend 30-40 hours of training
- Home study
Are there any services for adopted children?
Yes! Most children listed on the DFPS website qualify for adoption subsidies. There are also different post adopt services available.
How does a child qualify for a subsidy?
Each child is looked at by DFPS to determine if they qualify. Some of the qualifying factors are: being a part of a sibling group, age or ethnicity.
What are adoption subsidies?
- Healthcare coverage until the age of 18.
- Tuition waiver for state schools.
- Monthly stipend.
- Legal and court fees.
How much does it cost to adopt?
- You can expect some small expenses during the licensing process, this will differ depending upon the agency you choose.
- Court fees and legal expenses are often covered by adoption subsidies, if not one might expect between $1,500 and $2,500 depending upon the counsel chosen.