18 Humble, TX Kids Hospitalized after School Bus Fills with Smoke

Published 01/31 2013 05:00PM

Updated 01/31 2013 05:47PM

Nearly 20 children are rushed to the hospital in Humble, Texas near Houston after smoke fills their school bus.

Police say the smoke was caused by transmission fluid that leaked onto the engine.

The driver noticed smoke, found the nearest exit off a freeway and made sure the students made it safely off the bus.

18 of the children, ages 5 to 12 years old, had elevated levels of carbon monoxide and were taken to a nearby hospital.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon