Barbecue Coals Spark House Fire

Published 10/20 2012 10:49PM

Updated 10/20 2012 10:52PM

Wichita Falls firefighters scramble to an early morning house fire, investigators say was sparked from a barbecue.

Shortly after 6 a.m., crews were called to 4606 Monterrey Drive.

That's where officials say hot coals from a Friday night barbecue started a fire on the back deck of the house.

The blaze spread causing the family inside to run safety.

Thankfully, officials say no one was injured.

So far, there is no word on the dollar amount of damage the fire caused.

Although officials say the cause appears to be accidental, this case remains under investigation.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon