(WHDH) Chaos broke out at the University of New Hampshire's campus when hundreds of crickets escape an enclosure a couple weeks ago.
The crickets were supposed to be food for a pet bearded dragon. But somehow the crickets got loose, getting the student who owns the bearded dragon in trouble.
It was a sound heard throughout a dormitory at the University of New Hampshire; chaos and panic followed.
Hundreds of crickets were running through the dorm. University officials say a student left his pet lizard with a friend to watch for a couple days. He also left the lizard's food -- a big box full of crickets -- but the insects escaped in the building and mayhem ensued.
"I stepped out of my dorm, noticed a few hopping here and there, and I started noticing people out in the hallway, a couple people screaming," said David Waste, a student.
To read more:
At least seven people have died after falling from a cable car during…
Following a shock attack by ISIS-aligned militants which captured the…
Get a little Italian flavor on the grill!