"I saw a lot of smoke suddenly and i hear the fire engines in the distance. so i had a pretty good idea what was going i could see the smoke i knew it was across the street," said Evertt Kindig an eye witness.
"When we arrived there was a lot of smoke coming out of the apartment building and a fire in the chimney, it quickly spread throughout the attic," said Lynn Holzer, WFFD Battalion Chief.
Preliminary investigation is leading fire investigators to believe the fire began from a chimney fire. They estimate 12 apartments were damaged by either smoke or by the fire. One resident is thankful for pounding on his door and window warning him about the blaze.
"I just got done watching the Super Bowl and we just kind of cleared out all of our stuff put it in the car and got out," said Mahoud Ihmeidan, resident.
Fire officials say it took about an hour and a half to put out the fire, and in doing so one fire man suffered a knee injury. Sunday night the local Red Cross stepped in to provide shelter for the displaced residents.
Wichita Falls Police officers say they were led on a high speed chase…
"Refugees welcome," read a 20-foot red and white banner that hung…
Malaysian authorities want to speak with a North Korean embassy…