House Fire on Jo Ann Circle

The blaze sparked at a home on Jo Ann Circle at about 1pm.

20 firefighters from 7 units responded to the fire, and had it out in about 30 minutes.

Fire officials said an issue with the house's electrical system may be to blame.

Officials said the flames started in the attic and spread quickly, causing widespread damage.

Battalion Chief Lynn Holzer said, "the house looks great from the outside, unfortunately everything in the attic is burned and melted. That's a big part of what makes a house operate is all the wires, and duct work that runs through the attic.

"It'll be costly to have it repaired," Holzer Continued,"my guess is maybe around $30,000, but it'll probably be more."

Family of the homeowner said she just moved into the house about a month ago with her three children.

Officials said no one was injured in the fire.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports

  • TexomasHomepage.com,
    KFDX, KJTL, & KJBO

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

    Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App