Johnathan Bent has always loved watching movies where the hero saves the day. But the 8-year-old never dreamed he'd star in his own real-life drama where he played the hero.
The third-grader was sleeping at an elderly neighbor's home to keep an eye on her, as he'd often done, when her screams woke him up about 2 a.m. Wednesday.
"She said, 'Johnathan, Johnathan!' and said she dropped her cigarette," he said. "I seen fire, flames everywhere."
The woman had dropped her cigarette near her oxygen tube, sparking a fire.
Read more: http://bit.ly/16t4x4L
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.