(WSMV) Several families lost almost everything after flames ripped through an apartment complex in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, but police and firefighters responded quickly and everyone got out safely - all thanks, neighbors say, to an 8-year old boy.

Johnathan Bent has always loved watching movies where the hero saves the day. But the 8-year-old never dreamed he'd star in his own real-life drama where he played the hero.

The third-grader was sleeping at an elderly neighbor's home to keep an eye on her, as he'd often done, when her screams woke him up about 2 a.m. Wednesday.

"She said, 'Johnathan, Johnathan!' and said she dropped her cigarette," he said. "I seen fire, flames everywhere."

The woman had dropped her cigarette near her oxygen tube, sparking a fire.

Read more: http://bit.ly/16t4x4L


More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports

  • TexomasHomepage.com,
    KFDX, KJTL, & KJBO

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

    Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App