According to the shop's owner, Debee Stahr, the fire started around 1am New Year's Day when a heating unit for an aquarium shorted out, sending flames up the wall.
The fire caused around $30,000 in damage and killed 47 birds.
However, Stahr said things could have been worse.
"The police woman that was driving down the road, smelled smoke at one o'clock in the morning, couldn't even see a fire yet, that's a blessing," said Stahr, "we had the fire department that went in, didn't have hoses blasting, they went and found the fire and put it out quickly, not much damage from water, that's a blessing. And we had things that lived. That's a blessing."
Stahr said she will try to remain open and serve her customers as much as possible until the renovations are complete.
Texoma is losing an educator of 49- years to a much deserved…
Jamarcus has been a member of the United States Air Force for…
When we use the restroom, we rarely think about what happens next --…