A blind Parker County woman says a neighbor who happens to be an arson investigator saved her life when her home caught fire Monday night.
"I smelled smoke," said Terri Wood, who was home alone. "When I opened up my bedroom door is when I really started choking. I immediately closed it and called 911."
Her stove had caught fire. Her home was quickly filling with smoke. She was trapped in her bedroom.
Parker County Assistant Fire Marshal Frank Watson arrived in just two minutes.
"My phone started going off," Watson said. "I got text messages and calls simultaneously."
Watson, also is a volunteer fireman, happens to live just blocks away from Wood.
"I wasn't expecting the fire department here that fast," she said.
Watson said he heard her screaming, saw her through a window and ran inside.
"I truly feel him coming the way he did has given me a second chance at life," she said.
Watson is humble.
"I think any public servant that takes the oath would have done the same thing if they had been presented that situation," he said.
Wood said she doesn't know how to say thank you.
For the full story:
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.