Burkburnett PD Say They Know What Caused The House Fire On Prestige Rd.

Published 01/15 2013 11:43AM

Updated 01/15 2013 05:38PM

Investigators believe they now know the cause of a fire that destroyed a Burkburnett home last Monday.

Police say they think the fire sparked from "smoking material" like a cigarette.

They say the resident of the home was a smoker.

According to officials the fire started inside the home but they say it was unintentional.

Fire crews say the house was a total lost.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


  • Texoma's Home Page
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 Sports
  • TexomasHomepage.com,
    KFDX, KJTL, & KJBO
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 News Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App