Clay Co. Firefighters Letting A House Fire Burn Itself Out

Published 12/31 2013 08:49PM

Updated 12/31 2013 10:40PM

Firefighters are letting a house off FM 1883, southeast of Lake Arrowhead, burn itself out overnight because they said there's live ammunition inside.

The fire sparked just before 7:00 Tuesday evening,in the 1500 block of Wilson Road in Clay County. When firefighters arrived, the house was fully engulfed and they've had to mostly stay back, waiting for it to go out.

Firefighters believe the hot tub outside could have sparked the fire. They say three children and their mother made it out safely and no one was injured.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.

Featured Business