Dallas Man Dies Mysteriously after Fire

A Vietnam veteran and survivor of Hurricane Katrina is dead after an early Friday morning fire.

Kim Kimper, 65, died shortly after being evacuated from his apartment at 5110 Bryan Street in Dallas.

Neighbors say they heard Kimper's cries for help and ran downstairs to discover a very small fire on his bed.

According to arson investigators, the neighbors were able to use fire extinguishers to put out the fire and told Kimper to leave his apartment and sit in a chair.

When paramedics arrived on the scene, they found him dead, sitting in the chair, without any burns to his body.

Neighbors said Kimper smoked cigars, but fire crews did not see evidence of those starting the fire.

For the original story:

More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports

  • TexomasHomepage.com,

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App