According to the Wichita Falls Fire Department, the call came in around 9:30 Friday morning about a fire in the 1000 block of Westerly.
Preliminary reports indicate an electrical short in the attic may have sparked the blaze.
The damage estimate is about $40,000.
A family of five, including three children, lived in the home, but no one was injured.
The Red Cross is providing food, shelter and clothing for the family.
If you'd like to help, you can call the Red Cross at 940-322-8686
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.