Fatal Fire in Temple Still Under Investigation

Published 03/12 2013 05:44PM

Updated 03/12 2013 05:47PM

The cause of a fatal fire in
Temple last week, is still under investigation by the Oklahoma Fire Marshal's Office.

But investigators say they have determined there was a heavy concentration of gasoline vapor in the northwest bedroom of the home in the 300 block of west Minnesota.

They say the vapor somehow ignited and the roof was lifted into the air and fell back into the structure.

Sixty-five year-old Robert Eugene Barnes was killed from smoke inhalation and was found near where the fire started.

Officials are continuing to investigate the source of the gasoline fumes.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Texoma's Home Page
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 Sports
  • TexomasHomepage.com,
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 News Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App