Fatal Fire in Temple Still Under Investigation


The cause of a fatal fire in
Temple last week, is still under investigation by the Oklahoma Fire Marshal's Office.

But investigators say they have determined there was a heavy concentration of gasoline vapor in the northwest bedroom of the home in the 300 block of west Minnesota.

They say the vapor somehow ignited and the roof was lifted into the air and fell back into the structure.

Sixty-five year-old Robert Eugene Barnes was killed from smoke inhalation and was found near where the fire started.

Officials are continuing to investigate the source of the gasoline fumes.



More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports

  • TexomasHomepage.com,
    KFDX, KJTL, & KJBO

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

    Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App