Fire Investigation Reveals Cause of Explosion

 

Wichita Falls fire officials say a natural gas leak from a space heater caused a fire and later a fireball blast at NRG Transportation yesterday. 
 
Fire Chief Jon Reese says yesterday afternoon a space heater leaking natural gas sparked a fire at the plant that was originally called in as a hazmat situation but turned more dangerous and even deadly as a subsequent internal explosion from the continual natural gas leak threatened firefighters.
 
He says no firefighters were injured in the fire or the blast, but says the explosion made the situation a three-alarm fire and likely caused more than $100-thousand dollars in damage.
 
Chief Reese says one employee experienced smoke inhalation but was treated and released on-scene. 
 

More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports

  • TexomasHomepage.com,
    KFDX, KJTL, & KJBO

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

    Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App