Fire Preventing Couple from Bringing Newborn Home

Published 02/13 2012 06:41PM

Updated 02/13 2012 07:27PM

An overnight house fire is preventing a Wichita Falls couple from bringing home their newborn boy.

Blaze Hess has been in a local hospital since he was born one month premature on February 2nd.

His father says his health has improved and he's expected to come home any day now, but now there is no home to come home to.

A space heater, left on to keep the cat warm, sparked a fire at their home on Hines Boulevard.

And although Hess did have insurance he is sending this message to the public.

"Do not leave a space heater unattended... regardless of whether it's a new one, old one. It doesn't matter just do not leave a space heater plugged in if you're not going to be there because you just don't ever know what you're gonna come home to," says Tobin Hess, fire victim.

The American Red Cross is helping hess and his family with shelter and other necessities.

There's no word on the amount of damages caused by that fire.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Texoma's Home Page
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 Sports
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 News Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App