Prosecutors in the case of a man accused of sexually assaulting a young girl over the course of several years plan to rest their case on Monday.
On Friday, the jury in the case against 66-year-old Raymond Slagle, who is charged with three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child by contact, heard from a friend of the alleged victim.
The friend testified she has known the victim since they were in elementary school and that through a note, the victim told her of the continuous abuse.
The friend says the victim wrote down that Slagle had been touching her and that she had told him to stop.
Prosecutors also called Jennifer Edwards, a sexual abuse treatment provider, to the stand.
She testified about her experiences dealing with sexual abuse victims and over 4,400 offenders.
Edwards says it's common for sexual abuse victims to know the perpetrators.
The now 16-year-old victim says the abuse started when she was six and lasted until she was 13 when she told her mom.
Earlier this week, another girl also testified Slagle molested her for several years beginning at age five.
The trial will resume on Monday beginning at 9 a.m.
Attorneys say deliberations could begin on Tuesday.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.