Garden Grove Home Fire Cause Determined

Published 02/12 2014 05:26PM

Updated 02/12 2014 05:31PM

Fire officials say an outdoor heat lamp caused a fire that destroyed a Wichita Falls family's home Friday night.

It happened just after 8 p.m. in the 2500 block of Garden Grove Ln.

Fire Marshal David Collins says a heat lamp being used on a dog house in the backyard of the home sparked the fire.

The family was not home at the time and neither was the dog.

Collins says the house is a total loss and estimates damage to be more than $275-thousand.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Texoma's Home Page
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 Sports
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 News Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App