Make Sure Your Pet has a City License

Along with a baby animal boom, your pets are probably itching to explore the great outdoors. But just in case Rover makes his way out of the yard without you, you'll want to have a way to get him back home.

One way the City of Wichita Falls hopes to help you find your furry family member is by requiring all dogs and cats 16- weeks and older to have current city licenses. This system allows for the Animal Welfare officers to get pets back to their owners free of charge.   

"We call it the 'get out of jail free card,' so if your pet is wearing that when we pick them up, we can look up their information in our system and call you and get your pet back home to you," Katrena Mitchell, Wichita Falls Animal Services Center.

And if you're planning on taking your four-legged friend to one of the city's dog-friendly patios a city license is required.
These licenses can be purchased at the animal services center with proof of rabies vaccination.

Learn more about obtaining a pet license.


More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports


  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App