Nocona Fire Destroys Home & Kills Two Pets

- Nocona volunteer fire officials say a candle started a house fire in Nocona Monday morning that destroyed the home and killed two pets.

Just before 10 a.m., fire crews were called to a home in the 700 block of Young Street. Nocona Volunteer Fire Chief Rusty Henley says a citronella candle on the back porch started the fire. He says the homeowner was not home but his five cats were.

Chief Henley says only two cats and a kitten made it out alive. He also says also the home had no working smoke detectors inside.

The fire destroyed the house which the chief says was insured.
 

More Stories

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports

  • TexomasHomepage.com,
    KFDX, KJTL, & KJBO

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

    Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App