A Wichita Falls restaurant that was forced to close after a fire broke out there last month is closer to reopening.
Taco Casa's building sustained about $50- to $60-thousand in damage in the March 7 fire.
Those flames started on the Exxon side of the building.
Officials say problems with electrical wiring in the office there cause the fire.
The restaurant's owner says because of smoke damage, crews had to replace the ceiling, insulation, and air conditioning units.
Because so much had to be replaced, they went ahead and gave the restaurant a makeover.
Craig Martindale, owner of Taco Casa, says, "It was time for a remodel anyway, so we basically came in and took all the tile up on the kitchen floor and redid all the walls and added on a new ceiling. Our future plans are to go ahead and take over the convenience store and that's going to be all Taco Casa."
Martindale says he expects the restaurant to re-open Tuesday or Wednesday.
He says Exxon's gas pumps will remain but will be pay-at-the-pump only.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.