The 2014/ 2015 proposed budget reflects a reduction in the tax rate and has a total price tag of 118 million dollars. A district spokesperson says due to the 94 bond debt rolling off, if the spending plan gets the board's final stamp of approval at Wednesday night's meeting taxpayers will see a seven cent decrease.
The new combined rate would be 1.135 per 100 dollar valuation.
2014-2015 Budget Highlights
· $118 million WFISD budget for 2014-2015
· 3% pay raise for teachers with additional adjustments made to teacher scale steps 2-5
· 3% increase for all other employees based off the midpoint of the unified paygrade scale
· Additional contribution by the district of $26 per month for employee health insurance
· Master stipend increase of 25% ($500) now $2500 for 2014-2015
· Most other stipends increased by 5% for 2014-2015
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.