Smoking Nursing Home Resident Suffers Burns

Published 06/03 2013 07:09PM

Updated 06/03 2013 07:12PM

A Wichita Falls man receives burns after he and the wheelchair he was in caught fire this afternoon.

It happened just before 12:30 p.m. at University Park Nursing and Rehabilitation on Coronado Avenue.

According to Fire Marshal David Collins, a male residents in his early 70's was in his wheelchair in front of the nursing home smoking.

Collins says he's still trying to piece together what happened, but the man caught on fire.

His wheelchair had burn marks on the armrest and although Collins did not release the extent of the injuries or where the man was burned he says the man did suffer burns to his body, and he was taken to the hospital.

The case remains under investigation.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Texoma's Home Page
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 Sports
  • KFDX 3 Weather
  • KFDX 3 News Instagram
  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App