The Trial Involving a Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting a Child Multiple Times Continues

 The alleged victim took the stand today in the trial of a man accused of continuous sexual abuse of a child.

 Testimony resumed this morning in 78th District Court for Antonio Leija Junior, who is charged with multiple counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child.

 The now 21 year old woman testified this morning that Leija had sexually assaulted her for several years starting when she was 11 and lasting until she was 14.

 She also said that Leija had a relationship with her mother at the time of the attacks.

 When asked why she didn't report the alleged assaults to police until around 2011 she said she didn't want to ruin someone's life and that she was ashamed of what had happened and what her parents would think.

 This afternoon the mother of the alleged victim was called to the stand.

 She said Leija played a parental role to her children even though the children's father still lived in the house.

 The prosecution questioned her about dead bolts on several doors inside the house including the alleged victim's room. 

 The mother said she didn't want her daughters room locked but Leija insisted.

 They also questioned the mother about the registered sex offender who lived with the family prior to the mothers relationship with Leija.

 The mother said the sex offender was an old friend that she met in high school and after years of not speaking they reconnected and she allowed him to move in with her and her family.

 The victim testified this morning that the sex offender stayed with them until it became a problem at school.

 She said several of her friends found out about the offender and their parents forbid them to go to the victims house.

 The victim also testified that the some of the alleged acts involved sex toys that her mother had hidden in a plastic shoe box under her bed.

 When the mother testified she confirmed that she did have the toys and they were in the place the victim testified.

 Leija remains in the Wichita County Jail on 600- thousand- dollars bond.
 Testimony will resume tomorrow morning.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports


  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App