A three alarm blaze rekindled this morning after flames destroyed a house under construction.
Crews were originally called out just after 4 this morning to this home in the 2000 block of Avondale. Officials say multiple alarms were called out because of the size of the house. Property records show the home is more than 4,000 square feet.
Right now they believe the fire started in the basement. At one point, crews were pulled out of the house to keep fire fighters out of harms ways.
Fire officials say the flames continued to smolder in the walls, rekindling the fire in the attic. Fire fighters fell through the floor into the basement of the home, but remarkably no one was injured. Crews worked into this afternoon to knock out the flames.
Wichita Falls Fire Department Captain Randal Reel said, "We've got open up walls to see if there was any concealed fire still there. Because of the plaster it can be concealed and you won't be able to find it.
Officials say the home was being remodeled but no one was inside at the time of the fire. Damage is estimated to be around $400,000.
For many Americans, unfortunately Memorial Day is the unofficial…
Two more bills authored or sponsored by Wichita Falls representative…
A woman is left with non-life threatening injuries after crashing her…