Vernon Toddler Much Better after Ingesting Laundry Detergent Pod

By Mechell Dixon

Published 08/13 2014 06:48PM

Updated 08/14 2014 09:49AM

A Vernon toddler should be discharged from a Fort Worth hospital soon after ingesting a laundry detergent pod.

The father of 18 month old Blaze Slaydon says on August 3rd his son swallowed a detergent pod and his throat started to close. Chris Slaydon says Blaze was on a ventilator for several days at Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth.

And also says the damage from the pod happened in a just a matter of minutes.

"He went from a normal, rambunctious 18 month old, playful kid to almost a zombie.  Almost a vomiting zombie," says Chris Slaydon, Blaze's father.

Slaydon says after more than a week at Cook Children's Hospital little Blaze is now off the ventilator and back to being an active toddler. Slaydon also says doctors expect to discharge him from the hospital soon.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business