The jail has several openings right now for detention officers.
Wichita County Judge Woody Gossom say detention officers are needed statewide.
his position works entirely inside the confines of the jail. The position involves maintaining the safe and secure care, custody, and control of incarcerated adult male and female inmates. The position involves daily interaction with inmates, attorneys, law enforcement officers, and the public.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age (TCOLE requirement).
- High School graduate or GED, or have twelve (12) semester hours credit from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license or be willing and able to obtain one. Cannot be prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle.
- No convictions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), Driving Under the Influence (DUI), or drug offenses in the past ten (10) years.
- No convictions for any Class A or B misdemeanor offense within the last ten (10) years.
- Not ever have been or currently on court-ordered supervision or probation for any Class A or B misdemeanor.
- Not currently under indictment for any criminal offense.
- Never have been convicted of any family violence offense.
- No convictions at any time for felony offense.
- No military discharge under less than honorable conditions.
► MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass a thorough background investigation conducted by Wichita County Sheriff’s Office.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical exam, drug test, and strength test paid by Wichita County.
- Must pass psychological evaluation administered by a trained psychiatrist.
- Must satisfactorily pass a 12th grade level reading comprehension test.
- Works various eight (8) hour shifts and works overtime when needed, as scheduled.
- Must be a citizen of the United States (required by TCOLE).
Wichita County Sheriff’s Office or North Texas Workforce Solutions
900 7th Street, Room 100 4 309 Jacksboro Highway, Suite 300
Wichita Falls, Texas 76301 Wichita Falls, Texas 76302
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.