But in this time of tragedy, as more bodies are recovered from the March 22 mudslide in nearby Oso, the funeral home is tasked with burying at least a dozen people in the coming days. The first of the services is set for Saturday.
It's an overwhelming responsibility for the small staff, which is also collecting donations to help victims' families with funeral costs, said office manager Carrie Stucky.
"We've had to recruit other funeral directors to help with it all," Stucky told NBC News. "We'll likely see more [funerals] over the next couple of weeks, but it all depends on how soon people are identified."
Twenty-two of the 28 victims received by the medical examiner's office have been positively identified so far. Twenty people remain missing, officials said.
Read More: http://nbcnews.to/1fs1ETN
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.