Sean O'Connor was in his front yard Saturday during what he described as a sunny day. It started to sprinkle and as he reached for the rake, he says heard a loud noise.
"I thought it was a tree limb falling, but moments later I found myself across the driveway on the ground," said O'Connor.
The lightning strike blew him out of his work boots. When he looked back at them they were still smoldering.
"That's where the doctors believe the lightning bolt actually entered my body. They believe it was a direct strike," said O'Connor.
Read more: http://on.11alive.com/1q5aIUU
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.