Six months after the Sept. 11 terror attack in Benghazi, Republican lawmakers are fuming that they haven't been granted access to the survivors - several of whom, Fox News has learned, are still recovering at Walter Reed.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, told Fox News on Wednesday that he spoke to a "handful of people" when he visited Libya shortly after the attack but has struggled to gain access to the survivors ever since.
"We want talk to the survivors -- they won't do that. And then the president has the gall to go on television and say 'oh, we're providing all the access'? Baloney. Bull-crap. That is not happening."
Estimates of how many Americans were injured in the Libya assault vary.
Reps. Frank Wolf, R-Va., and Jim Gerlach, R-Pa., claim sources have told them up to 30 were injured, and up to seven may still be at Walter Reed. "Several may have required amputations," they wrote in a letter to colleagues last week.
A source close to the survivors, though, told Fox News that seven were injured - not 30 - and that at least three are still at Walter Reed. Another may be recovering in California. The source said one of the injured underwent a partial leg amputation. Another is suffering from smoke inhalation and possible brain injury.
For the full story:
President Donald Trump welcomed Texas Governor Greg Abbott to the…
Texas firefighters and paramedics could soon respond to 9-1-1 calls…
Four people are dead and dozens are injured after an attack outside…