While driving home, the 32-year-old mother reached into her 16-month-old daughter's candy bag, pulled out a Snickers bar and ate it, her family said. Almost immediately, she knew something was wrong.
"She was feeling the effects of almost a panic attack and then euphoria all mixed in," said her brother Eduardo, who asked that his last name not be used since it's the same as his sister's.
Only later did the woman realize something was also wrong with the candy bar's packaging.
The woman was taken to Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital and treated for symptoms doctors liken to those experienced by people who've taken LSD.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1azF7mN
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.