His name is Henry P. Florsheim and he will be assuming the position of President and CEO of the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce.
Read the full press release below:
Wichita Falls, Texas- The Selection Committee for the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce and Industry is pleased to announce the choice of Henry P. Florsheim to assume the position of President and CEO of the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Florsheim is currently the President and CEO of the El Dorado Chamber of Commerce in El Dorado, Arkansas, a position he has held since 2010. Prior to working in El Dorado Florsheim was with the Lafayette Economic Development Authority in Lafayette, LA from 2001 to 2008 and then with the Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise, also in Lafayette, from January 2008 to October 2010.
“Members of the Selection Committee recognize the tremendous efforts and impact of the Chamber and we feel Mr. Florsheim will bring fresh, dynamic ideas for economic development, which will lead to sustainable job creation,” said Committee Chairman, Chuck White.
Florsheim will replace long-time President and CEO, Tim Chase, who left after fifteen years with the Chamber for a new position in Wichita, Kansas. The Selection Committee was comprised of members from the Chamber’s Executive Committee, the City, 4a Board and members representing higher education, industry, and healthcare.
"The selection process was thorough and extensive,” said Jim Johnson, Chairman of the Chamber. “In March, the Selection Committee solicited proposals from several well-known and respected, national chamber executive search consultants. We chose Waverly Partners, LLC. Waverly is one of the nation’s premier executive search consultants in the Chamber and Economic Development fields. We felt they were the best fit to meet the goals we had set,” said Johnson.
Several executives from Waverly visited Wichita Falls and conducted extensive community tours and interviews. They spoke with Chamber Board members as well as industry and community leaders to learn about the needs and requirements of the local business community. Waverly then conducted a nationwide search and brought ten names to the committee for consideration.
The committee chose five candidates, conducted face-to-face interviews, reviewed their accomplishments and backgrounds and in September, two candidates were invited back for a second round of interviews with the committee. During the second round, the larger Chamber Board and an extensive list of community and business leaders were provided several opportunities to meet and talk with both candidates.
“Both finalists were truly outstanding prospects, said White. “We chose Mr. Florsheim for his fresh and enthusiastic ideas and his engaging approach to problem solving. He also has an impressive record of economic development success, and clear and coherent thoughts and initiatives to support local business retention and growth prospects,” said White.
“We believe Mr. Florsheim will deliver a new and energetic approach to strengthening the business environment and forge new partnerships throughout our community and region for economic growth and prosperity,” said Johnson. “We expect him be on the job no later than November first,” concluded Johnson.
Additional information about Henry Florsheim:
· Currently President and CEO of the El Dorado Chamber of Commerce in El Dorado, Arkansas. Position held since November 2010.
· The El Dorado Chamber is an 800-member chamber advocacy and economic development organization.
· El Dorado and Union County have a population of over 40,000 and are home to a solid mix of manufacturing, oil services, healthcare, natural resources, retail and service providers.
· Prior to taking the position with the El Dorado Chamber, Florsheim was with the Lafayette Economic Development Authority in Lafayette, LA from 2001 to 2008 and then with the Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise, also in Lafayette, from January 2008 to October 2010.
· Florsheim earned a BBA degree in Management from the University of Louisiana-Monroe and an MBA from Louisiana Tech University. He is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute and in the summer of 2014 will complete requirements to graduate from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute of Organization Management.
· Florsheim is married to Kimberly. They have three children and are in the process of adopting three foster children who have been with them since June.
For more information please contact Jim Johnson at the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 940-716-9548.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.