UPDATED: House Fire Burns So Hot It Melts The Car In Front Yard

The Red Cross is helping a family, after their home caught fire. The fire burned so hot it melted the car in front of it.

The call came in around 10:15 Thursday night. The fire was on the 1600 block of 22nd Street.

Firefighters on the scene say it started on the front porch. Battalion Chief Don Groves believes a heat lamp on the porch may have started the fire. Seven units responded to the blaze, it took 19 firefighters about 11 minutes to get the fire under control. It is being ruled accidental.

Groves estimates the blaze caused about $75,000 worth of damage to the house and car.


Fire officials believe a heat lamp that was keeping a bird warm started the fire.Investigators say the bird was killed, but no one inside the home was injured. The blaze has been ruled as accidental.

Officials estimate the blaze caused about 60-thousand dollars worth of damage to the house and car.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News

  • Texoma's Home Page

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 Sports

  • TexomasHomepage.com,

  • KFDX 3 Weather

  • KFDX 3 News

  • TexomasHomepage Mobile App