70°F
Sponsored by

American Red Cross aids a family in need of a New Home

Red Cross helps a family in need after a home suffers 10 thousand dollars in damage from a fire sparked from fireworks.

The fire department was busy trying to save a house from a fire believed to be started by fireworks.

Around midnight, 22 firefighters were sent to the 100 block of Mclaughlin Street to a grass fire that started in Spudder park.

That fire then spread to the house.

The American Red Cross' Disaster Service came to aid the family whose home sustained around ten thousand dollars worth of damage.

Red Cross officials say the service is there to provide immediate aid for families, "When we meet a family it is usually minutes from when they have lost their home, they don't know where they are staying tonight, they don't know what they are feeding their kids tomorrow, they don't know if they have shoes to put on their kids feet," said Katrina Farmer, the Executive Director of the America Red Cross.

The red cross supplied clothes and a credit card for the family, helping to pay for a place for them to stay for the next three nights and their groceries.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Poll

[[viewModel.Question]]

[[result.OptionText]] [[calculateVotePercent(result)]]%
[[settings.DelayedResultsMessage]]
Poll sponsored by