Dallas Salvation Army Collection Center Evacuated After Hazardous Material Spill

Dallas Salvation Army Collection Center Evacuated After Hazardous Material Spill

Several volunteers are being treated after being overcome with nausea at the Salvation Army collection center in Dallas this morning.

Several volunteers are being treated after being overcome with nausea at the Salvation Army collection center in Dallas this morning. 

According to the Salvation Army, a volunteer picked up a box containing donations. That's when a glass container fell through the box and broke on the ground, spilling what was described as a molasses-like material. 

While volunteers were cleaning up the mess, they noticed the smell, which began to spread throughout the warehouse. Five people started feeling ill and were transported to an area hospital as a precaution. 

The rest of the building was evacuated while officials investigated the material. Officials determined the smell was a mix of methanol and barium sulfate as well as an unknown substance that officials determined was not harmful.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus