Florida Woman Dies from Flesh Eating Bacteria

Florida Woman Dies from Flesh Eating Bacteria

A Florida resident has died after contracting “flesh-eating bacteria,” officials confirmed Tuesday.
A Florida resident has died after contracting “flesh-eating bacteria,” officials confirmed Tuesday.

The unidentified patient was middle-aged and had chronic health problems, a Florida Department of Health spokesperson told MyFoxTampaBay.com.

The victim contracted the bacteria after saltwater entered an open wound, the spokesperson said. It is not clear when the incident occurred, and officials did not release what body of water the patient contracted the bacteria in.

The bacteria, called vibrio vulnificus, is potentially fatal for victims with chronic health conditions.

Read more from Fox News.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus