Nocona Fire Destroys Home & Kills Two Pets

Nocona Fire Destroys Home & Kills Two Pets

Nocona volunteer fire officials say a candle started a house fire in Nocona Monday morning that destroyed the home and killed two pets.
Nocona volunteer fire officials say a candle started a house fire in Nocona Monday morning that destroyed the home and killed two pets.

Just before 10 a.m., fire crews were called to a home in the 700 block of Young Street. Nocona Volunteer Fire Chief Rusty Henley says a citronella candle on the back porch started the fire. He says the homeowner was not home but his five cats were.

Chief Henley says only two cats and a kitten made it out alive. He also says also the home had no working smoke detectors inside.

The fire destroyed the house which the chief says was insured.
 
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus