Melted, charred remains are all that's left of a fifth-wheel trailer that caught on fire at the Electra RV Park on East Cleveland.
Electra officials say shortly after six Tuesday morning an officer saw smoke and flames coming from the trailer. After calling dispatch, that officer got closer to the engulfed structure and officials say he wasn't alone.
Electra Police Chief Johnny Morris said, "There were two other gentlemen trying to get into the trailer cause they knew that there was an occupant in the trailer. All four of these trailers belonged to construction people that worked for Chapman Construction that are building the power transmission lines in the area."
Fire investigators with the Wichita County Sheriff's Office believe a propane torch caused yesterday's fatal trailer fire in Electra.
According to Sheriff David Duke, 20-year-old Thomas Leon Kelly placed a propane torch turned on in the shower of his fifth-wheel trailer. Investigators theorize that he was either trying to warm the pipes or was using the torch for warmth.
They say he went back to bed and the torch fell over, starting a fire in the shower.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved.