47°F
Sponsored by

Wichita Falls Family Loses Home to Fire After Trying to Thaw Frozen Pipes

A Wichita Falls family of seven is without a home after trying to thaw frozen pipes.
A Wichita Falls family of seven is without a home after trying to thaw frozen pipes.

It happened just after noon at home in the 4600 block of Lindale.

Wichita Falls Fire Marshal David Collins says the fire started in the backyard of the home. That's where he says the homeowner had a kerosene heater running trying to thaw frozen water pipes in his master bathroom.

Collins says that residence is a pier and beam home and the heater caught the walls on fire. The home sustained heavy smoke and fire damage.

The homeowner, his wife, and five children are now being helped by the local chapter of the Red Cross.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Poll

[[viewModel.Question]]

[[result.OptionText]] [[calculateVotePercent(result)]]%
[[settings.DelayedResultsMessage]]
Poll sponsored by