More than a dozen people were injured — at last one critically — when a stage full of high school students collapsed during a musical performance in Indiana, authorities said.
A 27-year-old Baltimore man died Sunday a week after an encounter with police that left him with a severed spine, according to a lawyer for his family.
About 105,000 Husky vertical bike hooks are being recalled in the U.S. Because they can detach, causing the bike to fall, and posing an injury risk to bystanders.
A man arrested after police allege he pointed a laser at multiple aircraft attempting to land and take off from LaGuardia Airport, leaving three pilots with eye injuries, says he didn't direct the beam.
Wichita Falls police say a man is arrested overnight in connection with a shooting that sent another man to the hospital on Broad St.
Police on scene say one vehicle was involved in the wreck.
A woman driving the wrong way on Central Fwy is taken to the hospital after crashing into a semi.
A man is taken to the hospital Thursday night after hitting a tree with his vehicle.
Wichita Falls police said a late Tuesday night hit and run sent one man to the hospital.
Wichita Falls police are investigating an overnight shooting and attempted robbery.
Wichita Falls Police said a woman is recovering from a gunshot wound after she told them she accidentally shot herself.
Knee injuries can happen to any athlete, but did you know women are more likely to suffer an ACL injury than men and young college and high school girls suffer the most? We have three easy tests you can try at home to see if you or your young athlete’s at an increased risk.
The Jaws of Life were used to free a Wichita Falls teenager from his car in a Tuesday night pin-in accident.
Running on an injury.
How dangerous are your family's favorite extreme sports?
Doctors expect full recovery.
The mistakes new Moms make when they run and helping them get back in stride.
Solving a common injury among musicians.
Just about every home has them. They are button batteries that run everything from cameras, weight scales, calculators, remote controls, and flashlights. They are just the right size for your little one to swallow or put up their nose. If ingested, these small batteries can cause serious injury to a child such as chocking, burns and even death.
An estimated 40,400 kids under 13 were treated in hospital emergency rooms for battery-related injuries from 1997 to 2010, according to an analysis just out from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The findings appear in the latest Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. Three-quarters of injuries happened in kids 4 and under.
Most of the children were treated and released but 10% needed hospitalization and 14 battery-related deaths were also reported. 58% of the injuries were related to button batteries when the battery type was known.
In a May 2010 study, reported in the journal Pediatrics, researchers noted that there was an increase in emergency room visits related to button batteries from 1990 to 2009. The 20-year study revealed that there were about 66,000 battery-related emergency room visits. Small battery related injuries nearly doubled in that time period in children under the age of 18.
Battery consumption symptoms involve vomiting, abdominal pain, fever, diarrhea, respiratory distress and dysphagia or difficulty swallowing. This makes it especially hard to diagnose what the problem is, especially if the caregiver didn't see the child consume the battery.
What makes the small items so dangerous, however, is that they can cause serious burns due to a buildup of the chemical hydroxide in just two hours, according to WebMD. They can also leak a corrosive chemical called alkaline electrolyte. Researchers identified the 3-volt lithium, coin-size batteries that are less than or equal to 20
From the battlefield to your first aid kit, how a piece of gauze is saving lives.