A 2-year-old boy is recovering after falling into a cheetah exhibit at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
A Wichita Falls father charged after his 4-year-old shot a handgun into a local daycare now knows his punishment for that incident.
As it turns out, not everyone's bummed out about the winter weather.
Florida 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound after finding loaded handgun in family car. Peter Bernard reports.
Mischievous toddler snakes his way inside claw game. Aaron Wright reports.
A Vernon couple has a lot to be thankful for today as they return home from spending ten days at Cook Children's Medical Center with their toddler.
A Vernon toddler should be discharged from a Fort Worth hospital soon after ingesting a laundry detergent pod.
Rachel Gyasi was found guilty of abandoning or endangering a child.
Fall weather is finally here and cooler temperatures usher in fall allergy season. The sneezing, stuffy nose, itchy eyes, scratchy throats and cough, which are all symptoms of allergic rhinitis, start up as the pollens blows in and stirs up ragweed, the most common fall allergen.
Doctor Sue, The Kid's Doctor, shares some tips on potty training toddlers.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in cooperation with Bexco Enterprises Inc., doing business as Million Dollar Baby of Montebello, Calif. is announcing a voluntary recall of 18,000 children's four-drawer dressers
Man slaps crying toddler and hurls racist insults during flight.
The staples in the back of the chairs can become loose, posing a choking hazard. Click on this story for the details.
The heat is on and one of the best ways to beat the heat in the summer months is to cool down by a pool.
You might assume that toddlers don't like sharing their food or their things with others, but according to a new study you would be wrong.
Toddlers love to give because it makes them happy. I even love typing that sentence. How sweet is the thought of little happy toddlers sharing and laughing with each other?
A team of three psychologists at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, gave toddlers some treats and a few minutes later asked the toddlers to give one of their treats to a puppet. The children were also given an extra treat and asked to give this to the puppet too.
The toddlers' reactions to these requests were videotaped and then rated for happiness. The researchers concluded that the toddlers showed greater happiness when they shared their own treat than when they shared the extra treat. This suggests that this behavior is emotionally rewarding for the children.
"People tend to assume that toddlers are naturally selfish," study lead author Lara Aknin said in a university news release. "These findings show that children are actually happier giving than receiving."
This study and others like it suggests that the good feelings we have when helping others is deeply ingrained in our psyche, beginning in early childhood.
I wonder sometimes if we could all be a little more like these toddlers, enjoying the accomplishment of giving to others instead of so focused on ourselves, the world might just be a happier place.
The study was published in the online journal PLoS One.
If you're planning the perfect getaway this summer with your family, don't let motion sickness spoil your plans. Did you know 58% of children between the ages of four and 10 experience the symptoms of motion sickness?
It was "toddler week" in my office and I was just amazed that the questions from room to room and morning to afternoon were essentially all the same.
They're convenient but could make your child extremely ill. Those colorful and handy little laundry packs, that many households are switching to as an alternative to boxed detergents and heavy bottles, are causing some children to end up in the emergency room.
There have been almost 250 cases reported this year to poison control. These cases are only a tiny fraction of the thousands of poisoning calls received every year about household medicines and other cleaning supplies, but doctors are concerned. The symptoms they see in connection with ingesting the packets, such as nausea and breathing problems, are more severe than typical detergent poisoning.
"We're not quite sure why it's happening," said Dr. Kurt Kleinschmidt, a Dallas toxicologist and professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. "But we've clearly had some kids who have become much more ill. We look at these pods as being clearly more dangerous than the standard detergent."
Detergent manufacturers introduced versions of the packets earlier this year. They're intended to be dropped into a laundry machine in place of liquid or powder detergent.
Several poison control centers started to get calls from parents about the packets in March and April, soon after they were introduced in earnest. Texas reported 71 instances of exposure this year, all but one in March or later. Missouri reported 25 cases related to the packets, and Illinois reported 26.
"If you look at the Tide Pods, they're bright blue and bright red and they look very similar to some of the ribbon candy," said Julie Weber, director of the Missouri Poison Control Center in St. Louis.
Paul Fox, a spokesman for Procter & Gamble, the parent company of Tide, says all cleaning products need to be handled carefully. He said Tide was working with poison control centers and advocacy groups to make sure parents know more about the risks.
"The packs themselves are safe,