This week’s winning recipe.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep: 10 min. | cook: 10 min. I yield 16 cookies.
1/2 cup plant-based butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
*optional sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In large bowl mix plant-based butter, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add coconut milk and applesauce until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoon sized mounds onto prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Cook 9-10 minutes until edges are golden. Cool for 15 minutes.