WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — A Wichita Falls man faces multiple first-degree felony charges after police said he sexually assaulted his 10-year-old stepdaughter.
Noe Manzanares-Mendoza was arrested Wednesday, June 8, on three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child, carnal knowledge.
According to the arrest affidavit, the assault occurred on Saturday, June 4.
Police said during a forensic interview at Patsy’s House, the victim who is 10 years old said the assault happened when she was home with her siblings.
The victim told authorities she saw her stepfather, who she identified as Manzanares-Mendoza, lying on her bed completely naked with a blanket covering him.
According to the victim’s statement, her stepfather asked her to lie with him on the bed and she told him no.
The affidavit said he grabbed her shirt and pushed her onto the bed, then asked her to take her shorts off. She again told him no.
Authorities said the victim told them Manzanares-Mendoza then took off her shorts and underwear and began sexually assaulting her.
The victim said he sexually assaulted her three times.
A judge set Manzanares-Mendoza’s bond at $100,000 for each of the three first-degree felony charges.
More Local Crime Headlines
- Father charged with abuse of newborn
- Man assaults several family members when denied tacos, police say
- Police nab suspected trailer thief who was under surveillance
- Man slaps grandma, spits on officers, police say
- Wichita Falls man allegedly assaults woman with car door
- Dallas County capital murder suspect arrested in Wichita Falls
- Two murder trials on court docket set to get underway