FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Brain-eating amoeba detected in Lake Jackson water supply, residents should not use tap
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- High School Volleyball: Rider vs Abilene Cooper – September 26, 2020
- High School Volleyball: Wichita Christian vs Notre Dame – September 26, 2020