This story was updated at 4:36 p.m. with new information provided by the fire department.

WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — A maintenance person reportedly trying to thaw frozen pipes accidentally sets a house on fire.

According to Wichita Falls Fire Department Assistant Fire Marshal Jody Ashlock, firefighters responded to a house fire in the 900 block Chance Street Saturday around 10:15 a.m. for a structure fire.

The house occupant told firefighters a maintenance man was sent to thaw out some frozen water pipes. They said the maintenance man used a kerosene fueled forced air heater to blow warm air under the home, which started the fire.

Ashlock said smoke was seen coming from the back of the house when they arrived at the scene, and the fire was found in the crawl space under the home. Firefighters gained control of the blaze quickly and no injuries were reported. Damage was estimated around $5,000.