Those in the Vernon College welding, heat and air conditioning classes can look forward to a large scholarship gift from Atmos Energy.
Atmos Energy personnel gave a gift of $10,000 for an endowed scholarship.
“Atmos Energy is honored to present this scholarship donation to Vernon College as an investment in the future generation of students who participate in welding or heating and air conditioning repair classes,” manager of public affairs for Atmos Energy Randy West said in a statement.
Scholarships will be awarded through the Vernon College Scholarship Committee selections based on the following criteria:
- Enrolled or planning to enroll in the Vernon College Welding or Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) Programs
- Resident of the Vernon College 12 county service area
- Grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 or better
- Enrolled full-time taking at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester or enrolled part-time taking at least six (6) credit hours each fall and spring semester.
- Submit a response to the question, “What do you plan to do with your Certificate or Associate Degree in your program?
“I appreciate Atmos Energy for investing in our students,” Vernon college President Dusty R. Johnson said. “Today’s students are trying to improve their lives and scholarships are key to that opportunity. Atmos Energy is stepping up to help fund opportunity.”