WICHITA COUNTY (KFDX/KJTL) — Wichita Falls-Wichita County Public Health District officials have announced a fifth confirmed case of COVID-19 in Wichita County Sunday morning.
The patient is a 58-year-old who “came in contact with an individual from Houston who has been diagnosed as a confirmed COVID-19 case.”
In a press release from Wichita Falls-Wichita County Public Health District, the statement reads the patient visited the following:
- March 9: Flying J Travel Center located at 2311 Jacksboro Highway after 9 p.m.
- March 10: Dollar General located at 3630 Jacksboro Highway at 6 p.m.
- March 11: United Supermarket located at 4516 Jacksboro Highway at 7 p.m.
- March 11: Family Dollar located at 3906 Jacksboro Highway at 8 p.m.
- March 12: CVS Pharmacy Drive-Thru located at 3601 Jacksboro Highway at 2 p.m.
- March 18: CVS Pharmacy Drive-Thru located at 3601 Jacksboro Highway at 5:45 p.m.
Officials said the patient flew into DFW on March 6 and drove to Wichita Falls and then sought medical treatment on March 16 in Arlington.
The 58-year-old went to a drive-up test facility in Wichita Falls on March 18 for a COVID-19 test.
Officials stated the person lives alone and has been in isolation since March 18, and “the symptoms are improving.”
For more information on anything COVID-19 related, the Wichita Falls-Wichita County Health District urges Texomans to call the Health District hotline at 940-761-7909.
The hotline hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from noon–2 p.m.
As of Sunday afternoon, 99 Wichita County residents have been tested for coronavirus, and there are 68 tests pending results.