Grass fire causes power outages

Local News
fire truck_1530155618502.jpg.jpg

Close to 300 residents were without power for a while Wednesday night following a grass fire on Seymour Highway.

The fire started shortly before 7 p.m.

Fire officials said the breaker on top of a utility pole sparked and caused a fire in the field next to the Eskimo Hut on Seymour Highway.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly.

Power was restored for all residents.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don’t Miss


Get FREE Text Alerts
Report It